Sunday, March 27, 2011

Brownie Points

I was semi-lost at this point.  More on that later...

Well, I got one good ride in at least.  Saturday I rode down to Iowa City to run an errand and then headed up to Cedar Rapids to meet up with Deb.  Got about 80 windy miles in, half gravel and half pavement.  Felt good, had another cramp-free ride. Took a lot of new roads and ended up with a few stories to tell, but they'll have to wait for another day or two.

The rest of my weekend was spend at Deb's daughters house getting it ready to sell.  I was starting to feel guilty about not pitching in so I figured it was time to be a good boyfriend and help out "a bit".  "A bit" ended up killing my plans of a back to back metric or more, but I hate housework so I'm chalking it up as some mental endurance training. 

Since my ride plans were derailed today, I'll try to get in a 2-4 hour night ride tomorrow if I don't get stuck at the house again.  If I can I'll get more into detail on the Saturday ride tomorrow night, otherwise check back on Tuesday. 

1 comment:

  1. That is training for Saint Hood. Cutting back on a riding to help out GF's daughter's housework. I feel your pain bro, I know the feelings.

    ReplyDelete