Sunday, October 16, 2011

Moonshine Metric Wrapup


The inaugural Moonshine Metric is in the books.  Eight of us took the start and five of us finished.  Three folks decided to call it a night at Sutliff while the rest of us rode on into the dark.  Turned out to be the best conditions I've had all year for an organized race/ride.  Other than being a little chilly, we had mostly clear skies, a near full moon and virtually no wind.  The gravel and B roads were in great shape despite heavy rains earlier in the week, and a little bit of rogue bridgework tamed a wheel-eating beast.  We did underestimate the chill, though, and all that finished ended up with cold hands and/or feet.  That brings us to our tip of the day:  Apparently rubber gloves make for a decent makeshift toe cover.

By the time we got back my lady and her son had the fire going, the food warm and the beer cold.  Gluttony ensued, drink was had and the last of us hung out around the fire til 3am.  Thanks to all that came out.  I had a good time out there and I hope everyone else did as well.  Big thanks to Deb and Josh for helping with the setup and dinner, and Courtney for helping me undo my bridge mods the next day.  I'm looking forward to doing this again next year.

Now, pics...




  

1 comment:

  1. Yup, it's rides like that, things that are said, and fun that is had that make life a great place to hang out with.....looks like I missed a good one, this might become the fall event of Iowa...:-)
    MrDaveyGie

    ReplyDelete