Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Summer Daydreamin'

Shaky helmet cam footage for that total immersion nauseousness.  If I could embed scratch-and-sniff I would.  I'm all about realism, baby!


"great footage of your front wheel...!"  That was the snarky-but-true comment left today on my Potter Hill video from RAGBRAI 2010.  Funny :-P  Still, the timing was good because I've had RAGBRAI on my mind the last few days.  Last year I threw a front brake on my fixie, strapped on the helmet cam and did the final day with a few friends from work.  The video above is my leg-burning climb up Potter Hill road.  We had a lot of fun and are planning on riding the last two days this year.  In fact, once the route was announced I got online and reserved a campsite at Sugarbottom for the Coralville overnight.  Yeah, it's months away...  But the distraction from the current winter suck is nice. 

Alright, back to the here-and-now.  Gotta suck it up and drag the trainer up from the basement.  I blew off my lunch workout so now I have to make up for it.  Wish I could ride outside instead, but we're being hit with this year's blizzard of the century.  I'm pretty sure I just saw a yeti fly past the window...

1 comment:

  1. I was on that hill that day too. You must have been earlier then me cause it was a lot more crowded when I rode. See you at Brai 11.

    ReplyDelete